Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sweet People

Today I served a table of two, their total bill was $29.00. When they paid, they put the cash in the book and told me they didn't need any change. They left me a $40.00 tip. How sweet is that? A few weeks back, I had waited on a totally different couple...and they left me a 40$ tip as well!! They told me to fill my tank up with gas. It makes me smile to think of how generous they were and willing to share, especially with the way prices have gone up lately.

I had lunch at my mom's restaurant the other day, she paid the bill and I only left her $10 tip. hehe. I better go to tipping school after what these people left.

On other sweet people notes, everyone back home commented on how skinny I was looking and how I had lost weight since moving. I'm pretty sure this is from serving. My BIL's girlfriend told me she used to wear a pedometer back in her days of serving and she would average 10-15miles a shift!!! I am going to start wearing one now, it has peeked my interest. I am down 10lbs and this is the only thing I can think it could be as I haven't been to the gym since I moved.

1 comment:

CJ said...

okay, that does it, I am getting a waitress job!