
So today was the big appointment to get the crown on my tooth and I'd officially be able to say I had a 'crown' and waahlaa that must mean I'm a princess.
Imagine my utter surprise when I was stripped of my crown before the process even started!!!!!
I sat in the dreaded dentist chair and the dentist came in with my x-rays from the root canal specialist and their own x-ray. The dentist proceeded to tell me that I could not get my crown today because I needed my wisdom tooth removed first. *enter shock petrified face here*
I looked at the dentist and I literally said 'you're kidding right?' and she said 'no the crown is not able to go on until that tooth is removed that it is impacting the tooth that needs the crown. WAAAAAAAAAH.
They sent me in for a panaramic x-ray and when that was done the dentist said 'isn't that pretty' and I was looking at my mouth and all the teeth and ummm I saw nothing pretty about it.
So the dentist says what they can do today is take the temporary filling out and put a more permanement one in. I explained to this dentist that I have no dental insurance and can anything wait until November when I would. She said dental insurance would help tremendously with the crown and that I could wait for November for that. The wisdom tooth however needed to go.
Booohoo. I said I needed a price and she said they would check on it for me. (I'm very money concious)
Then I asked about being knocked out. She told me they do not knock you out. Double waaaah. That it is just a local anethsia. I told her 'I'm definately going to die then'. (I do not handle these things well).
The dentist that will do the wisdom tooth came in to talk to me and poke and prod at it and he told me that right not it has to come out and that there could be a possibility with how fragile the tooth already is that it is impacting (the one with the root canal), that it is possible that when he is extracting it and the pressure is being applied that my tooth that I had my root canal on may break. OH GEE, ISN'T THAT DANDY. I spent 1550.00 to have a dang root canal and now the freaking tooth might break during an extraction of the wisdom tooth.
So she proceeds the do the filling and all that stuff and after she is done a few minutes later she comes back and says 'Dr. Alvani (the dentist that does the wisdom teeth) said he could take out the wisdom tooth now since you are already numb. I looked at her and my exact words were 'hell no'. and I got up out of the chair and she helped me to the reception desk.
#1. I didn't even feel THAT numb and they want to take out a wisdom tooth...I DON'T THINK SO. They better give me about 5 more shots....
#2. I didn't even know how much it was going to cost.
#3. I came in for a crown and I go out with a wisdom tooth pulled...I DON'T THINK SO.
#4. I needed time to think this over.
I told them #4. That I needed time to think this over and digest this information.
I really think they think I'm crazy there.
So $350.00 later, I have a permanent post in my tooth, no crown and I need a wisdom tooth. $350.00 more and I can have my wisdom tooth out.
Total cost to date for related dentistry work for one tooth: 2104.00 (this includes the cost for two consulations.)
Total cost after wisdom tooth is extracted: 2454.00
Total cost if tooth breaks during wisdom teeth pulling: priceless.
Create Your Own!
1 comment:
A Wisdomless princess - now THAT is priceless. What a mess! I don't blame you for leaving the office today.
Post a Comment