Okay, so I'll admit, the laundry room needs some work. New paint, new floor, even a new water heater, which we didn't find out until today. That is always exciting, right?! I mean come on!!!! Who doesn't want to go water heater shopping?! Who doesn't want to spend MORE money on yet something else UNEXPECTED?!! *raising hand* ME ME ME ME!!! NOT!!!
Probably we wouldn't have noticed right away that it needed replaced, except dh wanted to start work in the laundry room tonight and rip of the floor to be ready to lay tile. I had a pair of old shoes under the laundry basin for some unknown reason and when I pulled them out, the one pair was soaking wet. First we thought the water basin sink was leaking, nope...wasn't that. Then dh said the washer must be leaking, which to that I groaned so miserably. I was not ready to fork over that kinda money!! PLEASE NO! Then he deduced it must be the water heater. Sure enough when he removed the water heater to get the floor ripped up, it had been leaking underneath. The floor underneath was very icky.Glad we caught that now. Apparently the water heater is over 20 years old...according to the tag on it we found. It reads like 1980....I was born in 1981, therefore I can do the math easily on that one!!! ;)So we ended up making the trip into town to get the water heater. Fun stuff. Try not to be jealous ya'all!
Here is the before picture of the laundry room (remarkable that I remembered to take one!):
And here is it, a work in progress a few hours later:
Create Your Own!
1 comment:
Well at least it was fixable and your dh is handy! Yeah, the unexpected, unFUN expenditures are the pits. That is ONE big laundry room. You should paint it a cheery color :D I can't wait to see it all done. Hey! You don't have to do laundry until he is all done in there it looks like. WOO HOOO! Hope you have lots of clean undies ;)
Post a Comment