Thursday, August 20, 2009

The worst blogger award





The Luau!









































Mike built this tiki bar!!! I'm not joking....he is soooo handyman. It was Kait's 21'st birthday and she wanted to have a luau, but a tiki bar costs like 300 and Mike said he could make one...he wasn't kidding. It actually turned out to be quite immaculate...stained and everything...and we decided we would keep it. LOL. No idea what we will do with it.



----------------------------------------------------------------
This is where the blog should start...but since the pictures came last because I"m dumb, I don't want to move them all to the bottom cause it takes tooo long...so just pretend the luau part came last and you're just starting the blog...LOL



---------------------------------------------------------------



I'm about to get the worst blogger award, CJJ is going to give it to me. I get the hint that she wants me to blog.

Ummmm I have nothing to blog about. I mean...who wants to hear about my new pellet stove. OHHHHH. Will you oohh and ahhhh over it?! Well then, okay...if you insist!

Pellet Stove:

We bought a pellet stove a couple weeks ago, in doing research that we believe this will reduce our electric bill this winter (we had bills from 600-800 this past winter). The stove got installed yesterday. It is a Harman P68. They showed Mike how to work it and Mike can show me later in the winter, but regardless they had to run it to show him yesterday and it worked like a charm, was real cozy in the basement. lol. Mike installed a vent in the ceiling and connected it to the guest room upstairs so that the heat will filter up there in the winter. He will do the same for the guest room and master bedroom. That should help filter more heat in house and reduce the heat pump running -- I hope. Are you oohh la laaaaing over that?

Cruise:

Can't wait for vacation. Glad to have two state troopers next door with bomb and drug K9's to boot outside keeping a watchful eye on the house. We have booked a couple excursions and one is zipling and I am a little freaked out. I have a SEVERE fear of heights. I mean, it's something I would love to be able to say I conquered and be able to say I've done it...but ay yi yi. AND there are suspension bridges to cross. I wonder if it's possible to faint while actually ziplining. Like what would happen? i would just be limp hanging on the line? I shouldn't think about these things. At least my hair will be recently done (Getting it done two weeks before) and I'm getting a french manicure. I will at least faint in style.

Yard Sale:
I'm organizing a yard sale for next month. ALL procedes go to the American Cancer Society/Relay for Life. I have been solicitating donations from ANYONE. Well anyone I know lol...not just random people I come across in the mall or anything. I have asked at work, and recruited through facebook status. The bigger the sale the better. If I don't have enough items for a sale next month, I will save everything for May...which is the month before the 2010 relay. I really hope to have enough for next month though! I am forming my own team next year. It is very important to me. I have walked for many years. With the passing of my gram two years ago it is really important to me to continue to walk and be a supporter. I finally decided this year I would have my own team next year. She would be so proud. I like knowing I'm going to continue a passion that she had by having my own team. I would love if you have any team ideas to post them. I have tried coming up with some ideas with the word 'pink' in them. I really want something catchy but that makes sense too.

I made a donation box with scrap supplies to put at my mom's restaurant. They already have a fountain that people have put change in randomly that they are saving for me to donate for next year. Also in October they are willing to hang pink ribbons on the wall. Like the ribbons you see at grocery store and such that you buy for a dollar and put your name on. I am going to get one online as a stencil and then trace and cut out a bunch of them. They are being very kind to help me in my quest.

Birthday:

I turned 28 last week. It was great. I didn't get to see my daddy (we have the same bday) but I know all the same he was thinking of me too.

Mike got me a Canon 50D, a speedlight 480, a camera shoulder bag, and a 4GB card. OMG. I was SURPRISED. I'm still fiddlin with it all.

My mom sent me money which I am putting towards cruise spending money. Maybe some vodka drinks ;).

My bff in FL got me a Breast cancer awareness water bottle and a BCA keychain.

My bff here got me a book I've really wanted to read and said she has something else she is waiting on.

My SIL, bro and neice got me a Target GC which I already spent today hehehe, I knew exactly what I would buy if I got a Target GC from anyone. A nintendo ds game for the plane ride for vacation, a book I been waiting to get but too cheap to buy haha, nintendo ds game cases to organize my games, and I have enough left still for another nintendo ds game! I'm a smart shopper.

My MIL got me sunflowers from proflowers, a spa basket from proflowers, and a gift that made me cry...a tree you plant in your backyard in honor or memory of someone with breast cancer. Part of the cost went to Susan G. Komen foundation. I was so surprised and filled with emotion when I got it. (she paid for overnight shipping but it came on Monday...she was ready to ream them a new you know what...). I just love it. So thoughtful and just wow.

I was very blessed.

PA:

I'm headed to PA next weekend for three days. My SIL mom is getting married and has asked me to photog the wedding. I have agreed to come home...good reason too and I love to take photos so why not! AND I have the new camera! woohoo!

The End:

I hope that keeps CJJ happy for a couple months. :)

2 comments:

CJ said...

WOWSERS! First off, that is a great post but they aren't sposed to be MONTHLY posts! If you had posted those entries as they happened.... rolling my eyes. GREAT Tiki bar! Guess you will be the GO TO spot for Luaus! You could rent it out!!! Pretty cool of yer dh to make that though.
OHHHHH and AHHHHHHHHh on the pellet stove. What no pictures??? At least get a picture of the dog sitting next to it. I was really surprised you had such a long post wtih no pictures OR mention of the dogs. Huh. Do you still have them?
Fainting in style - LOL!! You be braver than ME! Thanks for the post, it was fun to read and see all the pictures.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm cakeballs!

Hannah said...

you are temporarily relieved of receiving the 'the worst blogger award' :) nice long post and lots of pics too! i love all the decorations (and dessert) for the luau.

ziplining! i'm thinking you are crazy. but yes, you will be quite the stylish swooner. sounds like some fun trips coming up.

happy late birthday! fun gifts. i hope the garage sale works out.