Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 2: Day at sea




Monday, September 14th, 2009

I woke up around 8am. My plan today was to roll out of bed and get up to the pool deck and pick my chair and just laze around the rest of the day in the sun. I had read they are hard to get on sea days. However my plan changed because I was sick and I had to report to the medical facility at 9am. I showered instead and got ready and headed down there for 9am. It is on the first floor and I took the elevator to the first floor and I think they meant to have the elevator button blocked on the side of the ship I was using it on because I got down there and there were people like welding on the walls and working and I was lost. They directed me back up and then later the button for one was blocked so you could not go to that part of the floor via that elevator. I had to go midship I believe to get to 1 and then to the facility. There was a small waiting area with a tv and one other person in there. He offered to let me change the channel but I was fine. I checked in at the desk and was called back within 10minutes. The lady inserted a themometer in my ear and took my temp. She said I was fine and good to go. I went to the Promenade Cafe for breakfast.

By the time I was done in the cafe and such there wasn't too much time before my next stop...

Royal Bingo was today and I had read about Bingo and was excited to play. Carsds were going on sale at 10:30 am in the Imperial Lounge. I did not know how this worked. I thought I had to buy my cards today and use the same ones all week. Turns out it's just for that session. I would rather have played later in the week but since I was already in the Imperial Lounge and I wasn't up on the pool deck as planned I figured I might as well just do it. You could get three 'old school' cards where you had to punch out the numbers as they were called for 27$ or you could get an electronic handheld device that did all the work for you and had 18 cards in it per game. There were 4 games total in the session. I opted for the electronic one because for 10$ more I had a lot more chances to win. Most people in this Bingo group did this. The machine must be wirelessely hooked into the machine up front or something because anytime a number was called and entered it automatically shows up on your screen where it needs to be AND if you had a bingo the screen had fireworks and beeped so you knew you won. Might take the fun out of the old school version but I liked it. I however did not win. The RC employees made it fun though. Once you got to having one number left to a bingo they had you stand up. If you won bingo you had to dance in the asile. The Imperial Lounge was a nice area too. Bingo lasted from 10:30am when cards went on sale and then at 11am they started...and went until probably around noon if I had to guess maybe a little later, I dunno. They did raffles of random items like mousepads and stuff during the Bingo. I was still a little sick and had the sniffles and not enough kleenex. ugh. They were selling drinks too during bing but I did not have one. haha.

After Bingo I headed back to the room and got changed and went up to the pool deck. I figured I could hope for a chair but being it was around 1pm I didn't have high hopes. Well guess what...there were PLENTY. Yay! Found a chair and got myself situated and fell asleep off and on.

They had the men's sexy legs contest and belly flop contest. I could hear that going on while I was relaxing in my chair but I never got up to go look. I was content. Sounded like everyone was having a blast.

After laying out for a few hours I headed back to the room and on way ran into the hubby who was taking some pictures. He had been sunning earlier too but we didn't find each other on the pool deck. Turns out he didn't use any lotion...DUH...and thought he'd be ok for a couple hours. He was SO burnt by that evening he was hurting. NOT A GOOD IDEA and he really learned a big lesson. It hurt for him to bend over!!! We joked about it later, but UGH...use sunscreen folks!!! Save your skin!!

We went to Johnny Rockets I believe for a late lunch. There is a 4.95 cover charge per person. I had never ate at a Johnny Rockets before. The cover charge covers everything on the menu except the shakes. You choose your appetizer...we got fries and onion rings and then choose what to eat...we both had hamburgers of sorts...and then there were a couple desserts to choose from. I got a oreo sundae thing. It was good. You can eat as much of that stuff as you want. We didn't have room for anymore fries or burgers or dessert. DH had a chocolate milkshake. It was 5$ and some odd change for it. It was good. They had a few booths outside for seating and then some inside. Not a large place.

Windjammer again for dinner. haha. It was formal night and we didn't have the appropriate items for formal night. I had read ahead of time and knew what we needed, but we had decided we didn't think we were going to do formal night and I needed a fancier dress. I'm glad we did not try to go as we saw several men in tuxes (I did see you could rent tuxes on the ship) and the ladies were in gorgeous gowns!!! You all looked wonderful!!!!! We saw the photographers doing portraits outside the dining room entrances and there were some cute poses going on.

Not too much for the Sea Day...just relax! There were MANY things going on though today listed in the compass...just a few:
All skate (need long pants and socks)
singles and traveling solo lunch
pool games
movie playing was body of lies and Nick and Noras playlist. (high school musical 3 was playing a lot as well during our week on board)
adult voleyball tournament
royal bingo again at 4:30pm
wine tasting seminar (9.95 charge)
karaoke
towel folding
team trivia
champagne art preview and auction
cosmetics and make-up seminar
suduko challenge
royal texas hold em tournament
power wheels for royal tots

Next UP: Barbados
Swim with Turtles and Shipwreck snorkel


No comments: